Saturday, June 14, 2008

Perception-alismn-mm

So Madonna's just released another song (Give it to me), where she's singing - no one's going to stop me. Shame...

Anyways - fair play to her, it's a catchy song, and she's signed a huge deal with livenation so she can publicise her tours rather than her albums, especially after people aren't buying music anymore - you gotta agree, she's got her head screwed on business wise! (Or at least some blooming good advisors!

On Tuesday I went for a tan and decided to take some photos while I was in there - random yes - but I'm not sure what the camera would pick up while in high UV exposure, the negative effect makes me look...well like this!

Anyway - cut to Wednesday, I wondered why I was feeling down, and figured that we seem to be mostly unhappy when the world doesn't work the way we want it to. You're unable to go on holiday because of a broken leg, you can't see your friends because they have to work late etc. These are why we're upset. So I thought about this a little further, and on my way to the gym, (to create the body beautiful, to entice a high-calibre man, to take part in a long-term relationship, to provide the feeling that one is needed, to provide a reason for ones life) I passed a young man I spoke to once on a website, i doubt he recognised me, he's been getting quite a lot of exposure over the last 2-3 years working as a model and being quite sick. (Don't ask how I know this - a stalker never reveals his secrets!)

So as I passed him, wearing some big sunglasses, I watched his eyes evaluate me, (maybe he did recognise me after all or maybe he was just glancing over my clothing - who knows) and in that instant, I had a big thought - are we cutting ourselves off from happiness by simply judging people on the first instance we see them? Or does love/lust at first sight really exist? And will it conquer all my unwarranted fears?

So, back to the thread (is there really a thread to this post) oh yes - happiness. I figured, I would jump at the chance to have some naughty fun with the guy from the website who I passed in the street, however, is that only because I've now built him up into an imagined form, whereby he has no faults and is attentive to my needs at all times?

No - it's because he's pretty really, and I'd love to experience having fun with someone who's nice to look at rather than just a run of the mill gay guy! However, being human - I think I'd start finding faults as we all like to make ourselves feel better than other people. In a real relationship - are we really equal?

Oh listen to - Dizzee Rascal ft Calvin Harris - Dance with Me

No comments: